$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

College Briefing: March 5

Applications for director of ICC due March 18

Applications for the new director of the Integrative Core Curriculum will be accepted through March 18, with appointment to take place in May 2015. The selected director will serve for three years with a possibility for renewal. The person in this position will provide leadership in the implementation and assessment of the ICC while serving as a liaison to the Committee on College-wide Requirements. He or she will also improve the learning portfolio, supervise the first-year ICC kickoff event and work with the associate director of the ICC, who is responsible for the Ithaca Seminar, as well as other faculty and staff.

Only tenured faculty members or senior non-tenure-eligble faculty — associate level or above — are eligible for this position. The appointed director will teach two courses each academic year in the ICC and spend the rest of his or her time administering the ICC. The individual will also receive a summer stipend. The administration said the applicant should be enthusiastic about the ICC and IC 20/20 on a broad level, be credible with faculty across campus, be interested in developing and implementing curriculum and possess strong organizational and
interpersonal skills.

To apply, individuals should send a letter of interest and a current vita to Danette Johnson, vice provost for academic programs and currect director of the ICC,
at [email protected]. She can also be contacted at 607-274-5170 for any further inquiries.

Careers in STEM director to present at White House

Orlando-Marquez C. Kittrell, director of the Careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics program at Ithaca College, will go to the White House on March 6 to join STEM Leadership Council colleagues as the college’s representative on this council in meeting with the Office of Management and Budget, the Office of Science and Technology Policy and the Domestic Policy Council to provide feedback on the 2016 Fiscal Year Budget for STEM initiatives. He will also work with the White House on future STEM initiatives.

Located in Washington, D.C., the STEM Education Coalition works to raise awareness in Congress and other organizations about the role that STEM
education plays in allowing the U.S. to thrive economically and technologically in the global marketplace of the 21st century.

The coalition operates on the belief that the U.S. must improve the way in which students learn STEM topics, and that the business, education and STEM
communities must collaborate to achieve this goal.

Alumna to provide tips on career development

Alumna Kimberly Zeoli, who graduated in 1989, will share her career story at 12:05 p.m. March 5 in the Dorothy D. and Roy H. Park Center for Business and Sustainable Enterprise Room 111.

After graduating from the School of Business, Zeoli landed her first job working as a staff accountant at Coopers & Lybrand LLP in Syracuse, New York. She now serves as a senior health care consulting partner at Deloitte in Boston. She is one of 5,000 partners leading the Deloitte U.S. firms. Her firm is made up of 60,000 professionals that serve public and private companies and raise about $15 billion in revenue annually. These professionals work together to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.

Zeoli will share her ideas for young career seekers and techniques for efficiently leading others.

Attendees looking to receive Student Leadership Initiative credit for this event must register in OrgSync at least 48 hours before the event and bring their ID card.

Health promotion series to continue March 5 

Mark C. Coleman, president of Convergence Mitigation Management, will present the third installment of the 2015 Health Promotion and Physical Education Speaker Series at 6 p.m. March 5 in the Hill Center Room 104. He will give a speech titled “Teaching Leadership and Success in Sustainability: The Power of Personal Will, Trust and Accountability.”

This speaker series is sponsored by the Department of Health Promotion and Physical Education. This year’s topic is “Teaching, Learning, and Diversity in the 21st century.”

College to host LGBT financial planning event

The Office of Human Resources and the Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association — College Retirement Equities Fund will work together to host “Equally Prepared: Financial Planning for the LGBT Community” 12–1 p.m. March 11.

This event will be a Financial Essentials live webinar and an opportunity for employees who identify themselves as LGBT to maintain focus on prioritizing and addressing their specific financial decisions, needs and goals.

The event will discuss how employees can determine retirement readiness, the importance  of wills, trusts and estate planning and recent legislation on LGBT financial  issues and how it may affect their lives.

For more information about this particular event or to register for the webinar, interested individuals can visit the TIAA-CREF website at www.tiaa-cref.org.

$1495
$2000