$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Ithaca College names interim chief information officer

David Weil, director of engagement and implementation for Digital Instruction and Information Services, has been named interim associate vice president of DIIS and chief information officer at Ithaca College.

Beginning July 25, Weil will succeed Keith “Mac” McIntosh, who announced June 22 that he will be leaving the college after accepting a position as vice president and chief information officer at the University of Richmond in Virginia.

Weil said he will lead the DIIS department in implementing the Information Technology five-year strategic plan and modernizing the college’s technology infrastructure, which includes a major focus on improving network speed and function as well as integrating learning with technology into the classroom. He said DIIS is also looking to expand service desk hours to include Sundays and evenings.

“The plan is to focus on our foundational technology: the network, the core servers and underlying technology that runs all the services for the institutions,” Weil said. “We are spending a lot of time making … improvements there so the network will be more reliable, be able to more quickly implement new applications for the campus community.”

Over Weil’s 26-year career, he has led projects to expand technology services at the college, including web portal development and the emergency notification system. He also founded Educational Technology Day, which marked its 26th anniversary in March with over 1,600 attendees.

Weil is a 1987 graduate of the college with a bachelor’s degree in computer science and a master’s degree in communications, with emphasis on instructional technology. Throughout his career, Weil has worked on committees for the nonprofit EDUCAUSE, which aims to bring professionals together to better information technology in higher education, according to its site.

Weil said this coming academic year, the campus community will see proposed changes from the strategic plan beginning to take form.

“I really think that this coming year is all about implementing the plan we laid out and realizing the potential of our new organization,” Weil said. “There’s been a lot of good thinking and planning that has taken place over the past 18 months, and now we are ready to make major strides forward. … I think the campus community will see improved services.”

$1260
$2000