$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

SGA seeks student applicants for presidential search committee

Yana Mazurkevich/The Ithacan
The Ithaca College Student Government Association reveals the results of the student no confidence vote in Emerson Suites on Nov. 30. The SGA has opened an application for students interested in joining the search committee for the next president.

The Ithaca College Student Government Association has released an application for students to apply to be a part of the search committee responsible for finding semi-finalists for the college’s next president.

The search for President Tom Rochon’s successor will begin in the summer, and the search committee will be made up of students, faculty and staff. Rochon is set to retire July 1, 2017, after announcing his retirement Jan. 14 following a semester of protests led by the group POC at IC and student and faculty votes of no confidence.

The application is available on OrgSync, and the deadline for students to apply is 5 p.m. Feb. 26. SGA President Dominick Recckio and at least one other SGA executive board member will interview each applicant, according to the OrgSync post, and three students will be chosen to suggest to the Ithaca College Board of Trustees.

According to OrgSync, the first meeting of the Presidential Search Committee will take place in April or May, and there will be five to seven meetings overall, mostly in Fall 2016, at a yet-to-be determined off-campus location. The college will pay for all travel arrangements and accommodations for the meetings.

In addition to selecting semi-finalists for consideration, members of the search committee will also act as hosts when the finalists visit campus to give presentations.

The board of trustees will make the final decision on the next president, not the search committee. Questions about the applications can be sent to [email protected].

$1495
$2000