$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

UPDATED: Three injured in TCAT bus crash on Ithaca College campus

Three+people+were+injured+when+a+TCAT+bus+crashed+on+campus+Aug.+24.+
Courtesy of Jordan William Kohn/@PortableJord
Three people were injured when a TCAT bus crashed on campus Aug. 24.

A Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit  bus-operator trainee was driving TCAT Route 11 when it collided into the retaining wall as it was turning the corner in Parking Lot J.

The accident occurred just before 6 p.m. Aug. 24, injuring a passenger, the driver and a TCAT bus-operator trainer, according to a statement from TCAT.  

According to a release from TCAT, all of the passengers sustained minor injuries and were transported by Bangs Ambulance to Cayuga Medical Center. All three were treated and released late Monday night.  

The trainee was placed on paid administrative leave while New York State Police investigate the accident, Patty Poist, a TCAT spokeswoman, said.  

The Ithaca Fire Department, Bangs Ambulance, Ithaca College Public Safety and New York State Police all responded to the scene, the release said.

Bus operators receive one-on-one driver training with TCAT supervisors, two weeks of classroom and out-of-service training, and four weeks with an experienced driver in actual service before going solo, the release said.

$1260
$2000