$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Bombers wrestling defeats No. 18 Wilkes University

On Feb. 12, two of the top 25 teams in the country squared off when the Ithaca Bombers came out victorious after making the two hour trip to Wilkes University by the score of 32–6.

The Bombers went into the matchup with the No. 18–ranked Colonels after winning their previous three meets and eight of the last nine. This match was the same story, but this time the Blue and Gold improved their season record to 15–5.

The meet began with the 125-lbs. weight class when junior Jimmy Kaishian was upset by Colonel senior Michael Fleck. Kaishian came into the match ranked No. 5 in the nation, while Fleck was No. 6. The evenly contested matchup ended before it started as Fleck took a 6–0 advantage, winning the bout 7–2.

In the 133-lbs. weight class, freshman Ferdinand Mase was victorious with a takedown late in the second period over freshman Richard Gilson. Unlike the first bout of the night, this match came down to the wire as Mase came out on top 2–1, tying the score at three for the Bombers.

Next up was the 141-lbs. match, where again the Colonels took an advantage. Redshirt freshman Thomas Stokes won by decision over Bombers sophomore Chris Wymer with a score of 3–1.

At 149-lbs., Bombers senior Dan Pak was victorious over sophomore Josh Evans 2–0. It was Evans’ first meet back from injury.

The 157 lbs.–class saw senior Eamonn Gaffney dethrone sophomore Nicholas Racanelli. This was said to be the most entertaining matchup of the night as it came down to late in the third period to declare a winner. In the end, it was Gaffney who came up with a late reversal to score two points with 0.5 seconds remaining.

Along with the previous two matches, the Bombers won the next five en route to victory. Bombers sophomore Nick Velez dominated freshman Ashton Gyenizs 16–0.

At 174 lbs., sophomore Jaison White beat junior Jacob Brook 9–4. At this point the Bombers were ahead 17–6.

Next up junior Carlos Toribio defeated senior Kyle Diesel. This one came down to the wire, but Toribio remained victorious with a 3–1 advantage.

Freshman Jake Ashcraft pinned Nicholas Dawson 3:51 into the bout. Ashcraft is coming off a career week when he was named Empire Collegiate Wrestling Conference Rookie of the Week.

The final match saw senior Dan Glinko defeat freshman Jacob Huling by pinfall 6:21 into the contest.

The Bombers will host No. 6–ranked SUNY Cortland at 7 p.m. Feb. 17 for Senior Night. The Blue and Gold will look to defeat their bitter rivals as they advance into competition play next month.

$1375
$2000