$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Ithaca College women’s lacrosse head coach resigns

Ithaca College women’s lacrosse coach Shannon McHale has announced her resignation from her position as the head of the program, according to an Aug. 20 release on the college’s athletics website.

McHale, who has been at the helm of the program since 2012, decided to pursue other career opportunities, according to the release.

During her tenure, McHale garnered three Empire 8 Coach of the Year honors and led the Bombers to four consecutive Empire 8 title games, along with a 48–24 record. McHale recorded winning seasons during each of her four years for the Blue and Gold.

A statement was released on the website by Susan Bassett ’79, director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreational Sports.

“We thank Shannon for her four-year commitment in leading the women’s lacrosse program and wish her the best with her future endeavors,” Bassett said.

Neither Bassett nor McHale was available for comment at the time of publication.

In her four seasons at the college, McHale also attained an impressive 27–2 record in Empire 8 regular season play. Last season, the Blue and Gold were defeated 10–5 by St. John Fisher College in the Empire 8 Championship.

In addition, she also was responsible for adopting Anya Harvey, a 4-year-old leukemia patient, as an honorary member of the women’s lacrosse team in the spring. McHale is family friends with Harvey’s mother, and the team visited her over spring break.

It is unknown who will take over the position; however, the college has begun an immediate search for a replacement, according to the athletics website.

$1260
$2000