$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Men’s tennis falls to Stevens Institute of Technology

CONNOR LANG/THE ITHACAN
Sophomore Lorenzo Viguie-Ramos gets ready to hit a high ball April 9 in a match against Stevens Institute of Technology.

The men’s tennis team came into its match against Stevens Institute of Technology on April 9 with high hopes. The Blue and Gold has not beaten the Ducks since the 2009–10 season and ultimately fell to them again 9–0.

Stevens swept all three doubles matches with scores of 8–0, 8–4 and 8–2.

In the singles portion of the match, freshman Stefan Lazarevic had the closest match of the day. Lazarevic won the first set 6–3, but fell to the Ducks freshman Kyle Cenderelli with scores of 0–6 and 6–10.

Another close match was played between junior Wes Davis and Ducks junior Charles Drake. Davis fell to Drake in the first set with a score of 4–6 and came close in the second set but fell short 6–7. Since the second set ended with a one point lead, a third set had to be played. Davis ultimately lost with a score of 5–7.

Ducks senior Matthew Heinrich defeated senior Chris Hayes with a score of 6–1 and 6–2, causing Hayes to lose his first singles match this season.

Hayes said that even though the the Bombers tried their hardest, they are just looking to put the match behind them.

“We competed really well. Stevens is a tough team. One of the toughest in the nation,” Hayes said. “We are just trying to move on and refocus for tomorrow against TCNJ.”

The South Hill squad will compete next at 11 a.m. April 10 in Ewing, New Jersey against The College of New Jersey.

$1375
$2000