$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Softball secures place in NCAA Championship Super Regionals

It took two extra innings, but the Ithaca College softball team secured its place in the NCAA Championship Super Regionals after a 3–2 win over Moravian College on May 15 at Kostrinsky Field.

The Bombers were the first to get on the board, as freshman third baseman Vanessa Brown hit a fly out to center field, allowing senior center fielder Erin McQuillan to come home for the score.

Moravian got the next two scores in the fourth and the sixth. Junior designated hitter Victoria Conner would hit a single in the fourth down the left field line, bringing home freshman center fielder Kat Spilman. Then, Conner would again strike in the sixth with a single that went right up the middle, allowing freshman pinch runner Ashley Gindle to score.

Freshman second baseman Nikkey Skuraton tied the game in the bottom of the seventh for the Bombers, after she advanced to third on an error by the third baseman and then ran to home plate to score.

Senior first baseman Casey Gavin played hero in the bottom of the ninth, hitting a single up the middle that allowed Brown to sprint home and win the game.

Senior pitcher Laura Quicker got the start on the mound and pitched four innings, earning one run and striking out two batters. Fellow senior pitcher Allison Macari would be credited with the win, as she took over and pitched for five innings, tallying four strikeouts.

Gavin would lead the offense with four at-bats, two hits and one RBI. She was also named the regional’s Most Outstanding Player due to her play over the course of the tournament.

The Bombers will host the Super Regional, a best-of-three series, beginning May 20 against Rowan University, the victor of the Cortland region.

$1495
$2000