$1275
$2000

Track and field competes at Tuesday Meet

The men’s and women’s track and field teams claimed multiple first-place finishes in their first home meet of the outdoor season April 26.

For the men’s team, senior Connor Cleveland claimed a first-place finish in the 1,500-meter run in 4:30.91. Junior Andrew Ward also had a top finish in the 110-meter hurdles. Ward crossed the finish line in 16.85. Freshman Jake Dombek ran a time of 11.91 for another top finish for the Bombers in the 100-meter dash. The final first-place finish for the Blue and Gold was a 4×100-meter relay team consisting of Dombek, seniors Jordan Smith and Aaron Matthias, and junior Roosevelt Lee. The four clocked in at 44.07.

Sophomore David Dorsey placed second in pole vault hitting 4.40 meters. In long jump, freshman Kyle Davis also took second place for hitting 5.92 meters.

The women competed in 16 events and had 11 first-place finishes, including senior Eliza Dewart, who clocked in at 26.93 in the 200-meter dash. Junior Natalie Meyer took first in high jump, reaching 1.57 meters. Sophomore Charis Lu took two first-place finishes in both discus and shot put. Lu hit 37.74 meters in discus and 11.79 meters in shot put. Freshman Emilie Mertz also claimed a top finish in the 800-meter run, clocking in at 2:24.34.

Both teams will next be competing at Penn Relays 9 a.m. April 28–29 in Philadelphia.

$1275
$2000