$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s basketball loses to Stevens Institute of Technology

The women’s basketball team dropped its third straight game 61–50 against Stevens Institute of Technology on Feb. 9 to fall to 11–10 in the season. The Bombers were once again plagued by poor shooting, as they only shot 31.8 percent from the floor during the game. The team struggled from the 3-point line, only converting four of their 17 attempts.

Stevens got off to a quick start. The team took a 20–10 lead after the first quarter and didn’t look back. The Blue and Gold matched the Ducks’ score in the second and third quarters, but never earned enough momentum to make a run. The Bombers only shot 8–34 in the second half.

Junior Erin Ferguson led the Bombers with 19 points in 33 minutes, while also dominating on the boards, grabbing 13 rebounds. She also contributed three assists, two blocks and a steal.

Ferguson was the only Bomber in double figures, as the team’s second highest scorer was junior Ali Ricchiuti, who scored eight points on 3–13 shooting from the field, including two missed 3-pointers. The guard did manage to grab five rebounds.

Starters sophomore Jordan Beers and senior Keri Steele struggled with their shots, shooting a combined 1–15 from the field. Beers did have four assists, while Steele managed four rebounds.

Freshman Annie Giannone and junior Shayna Gaskins played well off the bench, as Giannone contributed five points in 12 minutes while Gaskins scored four points with three rebounds in 10 minutes.

Stevens was propelled by strong performances from seniors Kaitlyn Astel and Miranda Ripken, who scored 20 and 10 points, respectively. The duo also contributed seven rebounds apiece and Ripken dished out four assists.

The Bombers will look to end their losing streak 8 p.m. Feb. 12 when they take on Houghton University at Ben Light Gymnasium.

$1495
$2000