January 30, 2015
Ithaca, NY 14°F | Clouds

Ashley Wolf

This writer may have older stories in our archive. Click here to check.

City of Ithaca raises parking prices by 50 cents an hour

The City of Ithaca plans to take out the 900 parking meters that line the streets of Ithaca and install new pay-by-phone parking machines within the next three to four weeks. Prices will also raise from $1 to $1.50 per hour.

Review: Indie band returns with album dedicated to fans

The Decemberists’ seventh studio album, “What a Terrible World, What a Beautiful World,” pleases fans with an updated, folksy sound.

Ithaca College alumna’s site recognizes community difference-makers

Allison Usavage ’11 founded What’s Good Ithaca, a news outlet that seeks to inspire.

Review: Rock icons say goodbye to fans with enchanting CD

Pink Floyd’s final album, “The Endless River,” is a great send-off for the iconic group.

Ithaca College joins with Cornell University for play

The Melodramatics Theatre Company will produce “Pippin” with a combined Ithaca College and Cornell University cast and crew Nov. 6–8.

Anonymous social media gains following on campus

Anonymous social media websites like IC Crushes and Yik Yak provide students with entertainment and, some say, a vehicle for cyber bullying.

Academic Workflow initiative releases change of major form

Students are now able to change their majors through an online process rather than a series of signatures and paper forms.

Review: Rock veterans Maroon 5 succeed once again with ‘V’

Lead vocalist Adam Levine fuels Maroon 5’s fifth studio release, “V.”

College students to raise money for Alzheimer’s through 3-mile walk

Alzheimer’s, a disease that affects more than 5 million people in the United States, according to the Alzheimer’s Association, has inspired Ithaca College students and faculty to take part in a city-wide fundraising event.

Ithaca College sends off physical therapy graduates

The last class of Ithaca College physical therapy students to study at the Rochester Center convened for a closing ceremony on Aug. 17.

Students come together at LGBTQA Pride Prom

Ithaca College’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and allied communities finished up the celebration of LGBT Awareness Month with pumping music, semi-formal wear and dancing at the Pride Prom.

Student revamps environmental publication club

Junior Kaitlin Hulbert has established enough interest among students on campus to allow the new Ithaca College student organization Media Alliance for People and the Planet to make a comeback for Fall 2014.