October 7, 2015
Ithaca, NY 52°F | Mist

Nik DeCosta-Klipa

A college student walks into a bar

Nik DeCosta-Klipa explores the world of craft cocktails hidden in the heart of Ithaca.

Racism in Sports Met With Transcontinental Rejection

In the midst of an extraordinary start to the NBA Playoffs, the timing of the racist comments by Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling is unfortunate. 

The Good Kind of Loans

Tuesday’s UEFA Champions League semi-final first leg between soccer clubs Chelsea and Atlético Madrid featured a sight unfamiliar to most American sports fans. 

Keep On Running

If there’s one thing those running the streets of Boston this morning aren’t lacking, it’s determination. 

The NCAA Yet to Break, Bends

According to Newton’s first law of motion, an object at rest stays at rest until acted upon by an external force. 

Reuters World Cup Poll Gets It All Wrong

On Monday, major news agency Reuters published a poll stating two out of three Americans do not plan to follow this summer’s World Cup in Brazil, suggesting the U.S.

The Black Hat of the NCAA Joins the Rising Criticism

The individual who has perhaps benefited the most from the NCAA’s exploitation of amateurism is now calling out the institution for instability and inflexibility.

Guest Commentary: Court ruling drowns out free political speech

Last week, in the case McCutcheon v. FEC, the U.S. Supreme Court decided 5–4 to strike down limits on the total amount of money individuals can donate to candidates and political committees.

Some Much Needed Perspective on Yasiel Puig

If you weren’t paying attention, baseball season started last week and last season’s biggest breakout story has already seen significant time in the limelight, though not in the most positive context.

Falling Off Pace

The Miami Heat and the Indiana Pacers began 2013-14 with two distinctly different approaches to the season, both with the ultimate hope of winning the NBA Finals.

Another Note on NCAA Amateurism; Northwestern Football Unionizes

Shortly after Kentucky freshman guard Aaron Harrison hit a three-pointer to put his Wildcats into the Final Four, beating Michigan, USA Today sports writer Steve Berkowitz tweeted this:
For Harrison, at least for the time being, the shot was worth $0. 

Don’t Mess With Deadspin: A Public Relations Lesson of What Not To Do

Unless you’re looking for your messages to be publicly mocked online and/or have your email inbox obliterated, I would encourage not attempting to persuade the editors of Deadspin.com to censor their writing. 

This writer may have older stories in our archive. Click here to check.