August 3, 2015
Ithaca, NY 72°F | Clear

Steven Pirani

Review: Fourth ‘Mad Max’ film explosive in both its thrilling action and strong narrative

“Mad Max” delivers a concentrated, two-hour dose of blood, flames and explosions that is thrilling, satisfying and most importantly, outrageously entertaining.

En Garde

Adam Crown, M.A. ’91, in all his frustration, is walking a cup of tea to the table.

Q&A: Comedian Alingon Mitra to perform at Ithaca College

Following recent performances on “Conan” and “The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson,” stand-up comedian Alingon Mitra will be visiting Ithaca College at 8 p.m. April 16 to perform his comedy in IC Square.

Downtown Ithaca offers array of specialized music stores

For those looking to find an instrument, downtown Ithaca has no shortage of places to shop at.

Paw Enforcement

Bert, the first K-9 unit with Ithaca Police Department in almost a decade, finds his home in the Ithaca community.

Review: Electric duo’s album creates ‘Another Eternity’ in half an hour

Purity Ring returns with a 35-minute album that crosses genre boundaries with electric intensity.

Kinky sex scenes fail to save dismal ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’

Unabashedly mediocre and morally stilted, “Fifty Shades of Grey” is a markedly shallow cinematic experience.

Resale stores find customer base in college communites

Thrift shops and resale stores offer students a cheap alternative to retail shopping, but may come with a stigma.

Artist’s struggle embodies impact of Commons renovation

The Potter’s Room, located on the Commons, is a window into a struggle felt by fellow small businesses.

Ithaca bartenders bars dish out favorite cocktails

Ithaca’s cocktail scene offers up a bevy of flavorful drinks to sip on.

Semi-autobiographical play explores friendship and growth

“Count Me In,” written by and starring Rachel Lampert and directed by Emily Jackson, is being performed at the Kitchen Theater from Jan. 14 to Feb. 1.

Review: Third installment of horror film delivers gory frights

Shot in the style of a home video, “V/H/S: Viral” continues a series of horror films with plenty of bloodshed and violence.

This writer may have older stories in our archive. Click here to check.