April 18, 2014
Ithaca, NY 34°F | Clear

Vicky Wolak

This writer may have older stories in our archive. Click here to check.

Disney in Concert Recap

Get a behind-the-scenes look at the making of “Tale as Old as Time: Disney in Concert,” presented by the Ithaca College School of Music and the Voices Multicultural Chorus.

Conducting magic: Senior brings Disney to life with concert

Senior Joshua Condon is putting together a concert of Disney music on Feb. 15.

Cornell Catholic Community holds discussion on prison system

The Cornell Catholic Community sponsored a panel discussion regarding solitary confinement with representatives from the New York Campaign for Alternatives to Isolated Confinement on Feb. 1.

A tale of two majors: Sophomore works toward dual degrees while staying involved in music school

Sophomore Emily Behrmann-Fowler is the first to pursue both a both a Bachelor of Music degree in vocal performance and a Bachelor of Science degree in theater arts management, which she will finish in 2016 and 2017, respectively.

Drawing on the past

Senior Genevieve Cohn makes art based off of her international experiences and the world around her.

Catholic astronomer speaks on relationship between science and religion

The Rev. George Coyne, former director of the Vatican Observatory in Tucson, Ariz., spoke Monday at Cornell University in a lecture titled “The Dance of the Fertile Universe: An Interplay of Science and Religion.”

How about a shave?: College collaborates with Cornell on musical thriller

“Sweeney Todd,” produced by Cornell University’s Melodramatics Theatre Company, will run Oct. 31 through Nov. 7 at Risley Theatre.

Multitalented couple speaks on theater and fiction

This week, actor-writers Malcolm Hillgartner and Jahnna Beecham held two presentations at Ithaca College.

College to participate in Banned Books Week

This year, Ithaca College will celebrate Banned Books Week by raising awareness for censorship by hosting a Banned Books Read Out on Sept. 26.