•  

September 24, 2017   |   Ithaca, NY

Racism in Sports Met With Transcontinental Rejection

By | Apr 29, 2014

In the midst of an extraordinary start to the NBA Playoffs, the timing of the racist comments by Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling is unfortunate. 

The Good Kind of Loans

By | Apr 24, 2014

Tuesday’s UEFA Champions League semi-final first leg between soccer clubs Chelsea and Atlético Madrid featured a sight unfamiliar to most American sports fans. 

Keep On Running

By | Apr 21, 2014

If there’s one thing those running the streets of Boston this morning aren’t lacking, it’s determination. 

The NCAA Yet to Break, Bends

By | Apr 18, 2014

According to Newton’s first law of motion, an object at rest stays at rest until acted upon by an external force. 

Reuters World Cup Poll Gets It All Wrong

By | Apr 15, 2014

On Monday, major news agency Reuters published a poll stating two out of three Americans do not plan to follow this summer’s World Cup in Brazil, suggesting the U.S.

Some Much Needed Perspective on Yasiel Puig

By | Apr 7, 2014

If you weren’t paying attention, baseball season started last week and last season’s biggest breakout story has already seen significant time in the limelight, though not in the most positive context.

Falling Off Pace

By | Apr 3, 2014

The Miami Heat and the Indiana Pacers began 2013-14 with two distinctly different approaches to the season, both with the ultimate hope of winning the NBA Finals.

Another Note on NCAA Amateurism; Northwestern Football Unionizes

By | Apr 1, 2014

Shortly after Kentucky freshman guard Aaron Harrison hit a three-pointer to put his Wildcats into the Final Four, beating Michigan, USA Today sports writer Steve Berkowitz tweeted this:
For Harrison, at least for the time being, the shot was worth $0. 

Don’t Mess With Deadspin: A Public Relations Lesson of What Not To Do

By | Mar 26, 2014

Unless you’re looking for your messages to be publicly mocked online and/or have your email inbox obliterated, I would encourage not attempting to persuade the editors of Deadspin.com to censor their writing. 

The Real “Madness” Is Off-Court for the NCAA

By | Mar 24, 2014

It’s ironic that on the same week of the event that generates 90 percent of the NCAA’s revenue, an anti-trust lawsuit was filed against it that cuts at the legs of the amateurism upon which the institution stands.

A Look Back on the Off Court Impact for Mid-Majors in the NCAA Tournament

By | Mar 20, 2014

The madness of the NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Championship kicks into gear for real starting today (sorry, “First Four” play-in games, I’m not counting you), with the first two hectic rounds continuing through the weekend and providing fans with baskets of entertainment bliss. 

My Bracketastrophe

By | Mar 18, 2014

Once again it’s that time of year again: March Madness.