•  

September 21, 2017   |   Ithaca, NY

Why my eyes were glued to Twitter all weekend.

By The Ithacan | Apr 7, 2014

Over the weekend, I kept a close eye on my Twitter feed because I was dying a slow, painful internal death. 

“Feminism makes women miserable”…I’m sorry, what?

By The Ithacan | Apr 2, 2014

“Millions of women have taken feminist advice and it’s led to unparalleled misery.”

At a recent Heritage Foundation panel, syndicated columnist Mona Charen made this assertion. 

Hello, my name is Hobby Lobby.

By The Ithacan | Mar 26, 2014

Yesterday, the Supreme Court of the United States began hearing oral arguments in the case of Sebelius v.

Story time at CPAC.

By The Ithacan | Mar 17, 2014

As my mother and I were driving down the palm tree lined roads of Florida’s beautiful Marco Island, where we spent Spring Break, we got involved in a discussion about speakers at the Conservative Political Action Conference, which was hosted in Washington in the beginning of March. 

Sexual assault in the military – pt. 2

By The Ithacan | Mar 10, 2014

A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about sexual assault in the military and noted (or complained a bit) that very little has been done in terms of fixing the number of sexual assaults in the military. 

The (Possible) Dingell Dynasty.

By | Mar 3, 2014

Married to the “Dean” of Congress, Deborah Dingell is looking for her turn in the political light. 

Virginity testing.

By The Ithacan | Feb 24, 2014

Alright, so this post isn’t particularly related to the United States, but I think that it’s completely worth talking about. 

Sexual assault in the military.

By The Ithacan | Feb 19, 2014

After having a brief heart attack last night when my Netflix wouldn’t load and being unable to watch House of Cards, I finished the remainder of the season this morning (don’t worry – no spoilers). 

Marriage and sacrifice.

By The Ithacan | Feb 17, 2014

I’ve been pretty much locked up in my room since Friday, binge watching House of Cards (if you didn’t do the same, you should re-evaluate your life choices here, friend). 

Hillary 2016

By The Ithacan | Feb 10, 2014

How can Hillary be brought down if she runs for President in 2016? 

California Girls

By The Ithacan | Feb 6, 2014

Yesterday, Sandra Fluke made the announcement that she would not be running for US Congress, stating,

“Thanks so much to everyone who encouraged me to‪#‎runsandrarun, your support means the world to me.

The State of the (female) Union

By | Feb 2, 2014

My god, can the President give a speech.