$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Texas In The Big Show

Last night, the Texas Rangers closed out the New York Yankees 6-1 in Game 6 of the ALCS to advance to the team’s first World Series appearance in franchise history.

That includes their predecessors the Washington Senators as well.

Unbelievable.

Who would’ve thought this Rangers team could even get by the Rays in the ALDS? Who thought they could rebound from their Game 1 choking against the Yankees to win four out of the next five?

No one.

And don’t take them for granted in the World Series. This is a good team. They have an ace in Cliff Lee. They have solid pitching to back Lee up. Their lineup is good from top to bottom. And most importantly, they’re hungry and on a roll. Manager Ron Washington exudes a certain excitement in the dugout rarely seen from many managers in today’s game.

My only hope is they play the Philadelphia Phillies and it is not because I’m a fan of the Phils. It is because if they play the San Francisco Giants, it will be by far the most boring World Series in the history of baseball. There will be no drama or storyline.

Some will say that the fact that Josh Hamilton is able to rebound from his troubles, win the ALCs and then play in the Fall Classic is a story in its own. By all means, it definitely is.

However, I like a good team vs. team story. I want controversy and a rivalry. Do the Phillies and Rangers have a rivalry? No.

But, the Rangers do have Lee, who the Phillies traded away in the off-season. For half of the 2010 campaign, Phils general manger Ruben Amaro Jr. received much criticism for trading Lee. Yet, he quieted those critics by trading for Roy Oswalt at the deadline.

Philadelphia against Texas would be the World Series that could run the storyline of Lee potentially coming back to haunt the Phils. It’s dramatic. It’s juicy. It’s what Major League Baseball should be hoping for after their number one wish of Philly vs. New York ended.

San Francisco against Texas would be horrifically boring. Philly against Texas, on the other hand, would be intriguing.

$1375
$2000