•  

February 24, 2018   |   Ithaca, NY

Remembering the Syrian War

By | Feb 23, 2018

Just knowing that human rights atrocities are happening is not enough to make a case-and-point argument to intervene and tackle the problem.

Path to citizenship

By | Jan 31, 2018

The U.S. has never been the be-all and end-all for what democracy should represent, and that has become clear through the mere consideration of this deal.

Separation of Church and State

By | Jan 25, 2018

What is actually at stake is whether or not the people of Colombia will break the traditional model of conservatism imposed by the country’s massive cultural ties to religion.

Stacking tensions

By | Dec 13, 2017

Since the creation of Israel, the U.S. has financially and militarily aided Israel as a commitment to foster democracy and economic growth in the region.

Refugees auctioned into slavery

By | Nov 29, 2017

Hundreds of people are being auctioned off for as low as $400 in nine markets around the country, but there is speculation that there are many more markets.

Earthquake hits Middle East, no thoughts and prayers

By | Nov 15, 2017

More than 400 people died in a 7.3 magnitude earthquake that hit Iran and Iraq on Nov. 12.

Too soon?

By | Nov 8, 2017

The lives lost on Nov. 5 add to the 13,181 deaths due to gun violence as a whole in the U.S. this year alone, but it is still too soon to politicize their death.

Manus refugees remain in limbo

By | Nov 1, 2017

Housing barracks were shut off, making the 600 refugees of the detention center cram up together in reduced living spaces.

Austria goes right

By | Oct 25, 2017

In 2016, there was a public concern for far-right policies and parties taking over the United States and the imminent European elections in 2017.

Remembering El Che

By | Oct 11, 2017

Oct. 9 marked 50 years since Ernesto “Che” Guevara was shot and killed in a CIA operation in Bolivia.

Sovereignty vs. self-determination

By | Sep 27, 2017

The tension between national sovereignty and self-determination has always been at the heart of democratic principles, but both cannot be found within the same borders.

The Caribbean prepares for Maria

By | Sep 20, 2017

The United States has been the most active in sending aid into the Caribbean — all places except Cuba.