•  

September 24, 2019   |   Ithaca, NY

Why I support the BDS movement on campus

By | Apr 10, 2019

There are countless examples of activists who’ve had their professional and personal lives destroyed for speaking out against the discriminatory practices of the Israeli state.

Trump’s free speech executive order misguided

By | Mar 25, 2019

But I doubt this flexing will achieve much, considering the fact that Trump’s order can easily be overturned by a democratic administration.

Mental health needs to be addressed in POC communities

By | Mar 5, 2019

I think it would be beneficial if Ithaca College put wellness into the curriculum.

Free speech, inclusivity and open dialogue: A response to Dr. Bradwell

By | Dec 11, 2018

We need to recognize that although these conversations may be taxing, they are necessary, and we need to talk about how to effectively approach them.

LGBTQ religious spaces needed

By | Sep 12, 2018

I’m proud to see fellow queer students fighting against harassment and discrimination and pushing for more visibility on campus. It’s a very difficult space to be in and there aren’t easy solutions.

Sexual abusers include women

By | Aug 30, 2018

This begs the question, “why are people more inclined to give women who are alleged sexual abusers the benefit of the doubt?”

Not an A-plus math student

By | May 4, 2016

Year after year of math classes, many of my Asian-American classmates would ace their math tests while I hoped for a B-minus or better.

Hi, I’m a black nonathlete

By | Apr 27, 2016

One day, one of my white teammates stated frustratingly, “It doesn’t make sense. You should be better at this.” This stopped me in my tracks.

The Asian-American vote

By | Apr 19, 2016

The Asian-American vote is the lowest among the major racial and ethnic groups, which leaves many people asking why.

Black women are devalued

By | Apr 13, 2016

Black women and their art, when analyzed, are first criticized and then consciously studied, while black men have the privilege to first be studied and then critiqued.

Equal vision

By | Apr 6, 2016

It wasn’t the first time I’d heard someone say they “looked Asian” when they looked like they were squinting in pictures.

Colorism continues to damage our collective psyche

By | Mar 29, 2016

Though the notion of colorism is not talked about as often in the western world, ideas of beauty and femininity have been directed by a European mindset for centuries.