•  

November 16, 2018   |   Ithaca, NY

Football set for future seasons in Liberty League Conference

By | May 1, 2018

The Ithaca College football team was questioned if they were going to perform well, but a successful season proves they have a bright future.

Blue Crew struggles to make impact in attendance

By | Apr 25, 2018

While the Blue Crew was created to motivate more people to attend athletic events, it has become another incentive for people who would already be going.

NCAA age rule hurts younger college athletes

By | Apr 17, 2018

When the men’s lacrosse team played the Rochester Institute of Technology, they were playing against some athletes that were 26 years old.

Winter causes chaos for spring sports teams

By | Apr 10, 2018

The weather is causing cancellations and delays in games for the Ithaca College spring sports teams this season.

Women’s sports deserve more respect from the media

By | Apr 3, 2018

After an underwhelming slate of games from the men’s final, Danielle Allentuck suggests people turn their focus to the women’s game.

March Madness tournament exploits Division I athletes

By | Mar 28, 2018

The NCAA continues to make money off of the Division I basketball players during the March Madness tournament.

Paralympic team deserves attention that March Madness gets

By | Mar 21, 2018

The U.S. Paralympic team is finishing with more medals than the U.S. Olympic team, but March Madness is getting all of the attention of sports fans.

Divers deserve respect for sending five athletes to nationals

By | Mar 7, 2018

After qualifying five divers for the national championships, the women’s diving team deserves recognition.

Women serve as bright spot for US in underwhelming Olympics

By | Feb 27, 2018

After earning more medals than the men for the first time since 1998, the women of the US Olympic team deserve recognition.

White’s past transgressions hurt Olympic image

By | Feb 21, 2018

Shaun White’s gold medal-winning run in the halfpipe at the 2018 Winter Olympics should not overshadow the harsh truth about him.

Everyone needs to stop saying ‘Lady Bombs’

By | Feb 14, 2018

Columnist Danielle Allentuck discusses the importance of not using feminine mascots during sporting events.

Gymnasts show unity after Larry Nassar conviction

By | Feb 1, 2018

Columnist Danielle Allentuck discusses the Ithaca College gymnastic team’s showing of solidarity with the victims of Larry Nassar.