$1260
$2000

Emily Rockett appointed Secretary to the Board of Trustees

Daisy Bolger
IC President La Jerne Cornish updated the campus community on the search for vice president for enrollment and student success on June 12 via email and Intercom and said she would give more updates closer to the beginning of Fall 2023.

In an email sent to the Ithaca College campus community Feb. 28, President La Jerne Cornish announced General Counsel Emily Rockett will be the new Secretary to the Board of Trustees.

The Board of Trustees is a legal governing body, comprised of more than 24 college alumni, parents and students that meets three times a year to discuss the academic and financial missions, visions and goals of the college.

Cornish wrote in the email that Odalys M. Diaz Piñeiro, chief of staff and former secretary to the Board of Trustees, stepped down from her current role because of family commitments but will continue as chief of staff. 

Rockett will be taking over as vice president of the general counsel in addition to her role as Secretary to the Board of Trustees March 1.

The Board of Trustees also has a say in the hiring process of the college’s president, as well as reviewing revisions to the college’s academic programs, budget and tenure and promotion policies.

According to Cornish’s email, Piñeiro took over as Secretary to the Board of Trustees in October 2022. Cornish wrote in the email that she was thankful to Piñeiro for her contribution to the college.

“I am very grateful for her service in helping the board office transition from Nancy Pringle’s leadership and for a successful Winter 2023 board meeting,” Cornish wrote in the email. “I look forward to continuing to work with her as my Chief of Staff.”

Cornish expressed her excitement at welcoming Rockett as vice president, general counsel and secretary to the board of trustees in the email.

“Emily has served the college with excellence and will bring that same dedication and knowledge to her new role,” Cornish wrote in the email. “Please join me in congratulating Emily and in thanking these two leaders for the service they have provided and will continue to render to these important offices.”

$1260
$2000