$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Wednesday, Nov. 13

What’s happening today
The events you won’t want to miss

1. There will be an information session about the U.S. Army at noon in Muller 101. Sign up on eRecruiting.

2. IC A Cure for Kids, formerly known as Up Til Dawn, will have its kickoff event at 6:30 p.m. in IC Square. The event will inform students about how the organization helps the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Students can participate in fall activities like painting pumpkins and decorating candy apples.

3. Pianist Richard Goode will perform a masterclass as part of the Rachel S. Thaler Concert Pianist Series at 7 p.m. in Ford Hall.

Top news of the day
The stories you should check out

1. The Distinguished Speaker in the Humanities series is hosting Stephen Greenblatt, professor of the humanities at Harvard University, at 7 p.m. in Emerson Suites. Greenblatt is a literary theorist and Pulitzer Prize–winning author and will speak in a lecture titled, “The Humanities and the Toleration of Intolerable Ideas.” Check out our Q-and-A with Greenblatt here.

2. IC Created Equal and Feminists United teamed up to present a series of events that discuss masculinity throughout the month of November. Check and see what it’s all about in Latest Headlines.

This Week in Ithaca College History
What was The Ithacan reporting 15 years ago?

During the week of Nov. 12, The Ithacan ran a front-page story about the campus community coming together to remember Matthew Shepard, a gay college student who was tortured and left on the side of a road in Wyoming on Oct. 7, 1998. Shepard died at the hospital six days later on Oct. 12. More than 250 people gathered in honor of Shepard and paid tribute to him. The community came together and spoke out against homophobia and had an open forum for students and faculty to share their thoughts.

$1375
$2000