$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Public Safety Logs April 12–18

File Photo

April 12

Suspicious Circumstance

LOCATION: B-Lot

SUMMARY: A caller reported that an unknown vehicle may have been attempting to dump trash in an Ithaca College dumpster. The officer reported that the vehicle was located, but no suspicious activity was observed. Master Patrol Officer John Elmore responded.

April 13

Petit Larceny Between $50–$199

LOCATION: East Tower

SUMMARY: An officer reported that an unknown person stole exit signs. Master Patrol Officer John Elmore responded.

Medical Assist/Illness Related

LOCATION: Boothroyd Hall

SUMMARY: A caller requested transport to the hospital due to a possible panic attack. The officer reported that the person was transported to the hospital by ambulance. Master Patrol Office Bob Jones responded.

Fire Alarm Accidental

LOCATION: Garden Apartments

SUMMARY: A caller reported that a smoke detector activated. Environmental Health and Safety reported that the detector activation was caused by burnt food. Fire Protection Specialist Max Noble responded.

Medical Assist/Psychological

LOCATION: Terrace 12

SUMMARY: A caller reported that a person was having suicidal ideation. The officer reported that the person was taken into custody under New York state mental hygiene law and transported to the hospital by ambulance. Sergeant Don Lyke responded.

April 14

Accidental Property Damage

LOCATION: K-Lot

SUMMARY: A caller reported that a vehicle’s rear window was struck by a baseball causing damage. Patrol Officer Joe Opper responded.

April 15

Check on the Welfare

LOCATION: Circle Apartments

SUMMARY: A caller requested a check on the welfare for a person that made alarming statements. The officer reported that the person was located and determined to not be a threat to self or others. Patrol Officer Mayra Colon responded.

SCC Harassment/Intimidation/Endangering

LOCATION: All Other

SUMMARY: A caller reported that a person posted an alarming statement on social media. Patrol Officer Mayra Colon responded.

Rape 3rd Degree

LOCATION: Unknown

SUMMARY: Title IX reported third-hand information that a person had sexual intercourse with another person without consent. Deputy Chief Tom Dunn responded.

Rape 3rd Degree

LOCATION: Unknown

SUMMARY: Title IX reported third-hand information that a person was sexually assaulted. Deputy Chief Tom Dunn responded.

Forcible Touching No Degree

LOCATION: Unknown

SUMMARY: Title IX reported third-hand information that a person sexually touched another without consent. Deputy Chief Tom Dunn responded.

Change in the Case Status

LOCATION: Office of Public Safety

SUMMARY: An officer reported that a person was interviewed regarding a post made to social media. The officer referred one person to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards. Patrol Officer Mayra Colon responded.

Scheme to Defraud 2nd Degree

LOCATION: Unknown

SUMMARY: A caller reported receiving a suspicious email. The officer reported that the email was determined to be a scheme to defraud. Sergeant Chris Teribury responded.

April 16

Criminal Mischief 4th Degree

LOCATION: East Tower

SUMMARY: A caller reported that an unknown person damaged a window screen and the hardware that secures the window. Patrol Officer Mayra Colon responded.

SCC Underage Possession of Alcohol

LOCATION: Bogart Hall

SUMMARY: A caller reported that a person was in possession of a fake ID. The officer referred the person for underage possession of alcohol, acts of dishonesty and failure to comply. Master Patrol Officer Bob Jones responded.

April 17

Petit Larceny Between $50–$199

LOCATION: Garden Apartments

SUMMARY: A caller reported that an unknown person stole a laundry basket and jeans from the laundry room. Master Patrol Officer John Elmore responded.

SCC Causing Fire/Explosion

LOCATION: Circle Apartments

SUMMARY: A caller reported hearing loud pops and flashes. The officer reported that an unknown person set off fireworks. Patrol Officer Joe Opper responded.

Fire Alarm CO/Gas Alarm Activation Priority 2

LOCATION: Circle Apartments

SUMMARY: Simplex reported that a CO gas detector was missing or had failed. Environmental Health and Safety reported that the detector was cleaned and reset. Fire Protection Specialist Max Noble responded.

April 18

SCC Comply W/ID and Directions

LOCATION: Circle Apartments

SUMMARY: Environmental Health and Safety reported a large party. Officers reported that residents refused to open the door, and a large group of people were observed climbing out of a second floor window. One person sustained an injury to their knee while climbing out of the window. The person was transported to the hospital by ambulance. Four people were referred for noise violation, failure to comply with directions and responsibility of guest. Master Patrol Officer Bryan Verzosa responded.

Medical Assist/Injury Related

LOCATION: Circle Apartments

SUMMARY: An officer reported injuring their ankle while responding to an emergency situation. The officer declined medical treatment. Master Patrol Officer Bryan Verzosa responded.

Criminal Mischief 4th Degree

LOCATION: East Tower

SUMMARY: Facilities reported that an unknown person damaged several exit signs. Master Patrol Officer John Elmore responded.

Change in the Case Status

LOCATION: East Tower

SUMMARY: An officer reported that the person responsible for damaging multiple exit signs on April 18 in East Tower was referred to the Office of Student Conduct for criminal mischief. Master Patrol Officer John Elmore responded.

Safety Hazard/Environmental Hazard

LOCATION: Office of Public Safety Parking Lot

SUMMARY: An officer reported oil leaking from a vehicle in the parking lot. The officer placed speedy dry over the oil. Master Patrol Officer Bryan Verzosa responded.

Medical Assist/Illness Related

LOCATION: Boothroyd Hall

SUMMARY: A caller reported having a panic attack. The officer reported that the person was transported to the hospital by ambulance. Master Patrol Officer Bryan Verzosa responded.

$1375
$2000