$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Public Safety Logs March 1 to March 7

File Photo/The Ithacan

March 1

Medical Assist/Illness Related

LOCATION: Center for Health Sciences

SUMMARY: A caller reported a person fainted. The Office of Environmental Health and Safety reported the person declined medical assistance. Charlie Sherman, fire and building safety coordinator, responded.

Change in the Case Status

LOCATION: R-Lot

SUMMARY: An officer conducted a follow-up interview with multiple people regarding the possession of fictitious driver’s licenses. Two people were referred for acts of dishonesty. Sergeant Don Lyke responded.

Criminal Sexual Act 3rd Degree

LOCATION: East Tower

SUMMARY: A caller reported one person had sexual contact with another without consent. The incident was reported to the Title IX office. The incident occurred in February 2020. Tom Dunn, associate director and deputy chief, responded.

March 2

Change in the Case Status

LOCATION: Office of Public Safety

SUMMARY: The officer reported a person was interviewed in reference to a fictitious license. The officer referred the person for acts of dishonesty. Master Patrol Officer John Elmore responded.

Assist NY State Police

LOCATION: All Other

SUMMARY: The New York State Police Crime Lab requested name confirmation for a submitted form. Sergeant Don Lyke responded.

March 3

SCC Irresponsible Use of Alcohol/Drugs

LOCATION: East Tower

SUMMARY: A caller reported an unresponsive person was locked in a bathroom. The officer reported the intoxicated person was taken into custody under mental hygiene law and transported to the hospital by ambulance. The person was referred for irresponsible use of alcohol. Master Patrol Officer Bryan Verzosa responded.

SCC Irresponsible Use of Alcohol/Drugs

LOCATION: Hilliard Hall

SUMMARY: A caller reported an intoxicated person vomiting. The officer reported the person declined medical assistance. One person was referred for irresponsible use of alcohol. Patrol Officer Sophia Dimkos responded.

Harassment 2nd Degree

LOCATION: West Tower

SUMMARY: A caller reported verbal harassment by a known person. The officer reported the person verbally harassing another person after being asked to stop. Patrol Officer Mayra Colon responded.

Fire Alarm Accidental

LOCATION: Circle Apartments

SUMMARY: Simplex reported a fire alarm. The officer reported the alarm activation was caused by burnt food. Fire protection specialist Max Noble responded.

Medical Assist/Injury Related

LOCATION: Lower Quad

SUMMARY: A caller reported stepping off of a curb and injuring ankle and knee. The officer reported the person declined medical assistance. Sergeant Don Lyke responded.

Medical Assist/Injury Related

LOCATION: Terrace Dining Hall

SUMMARY: A caller reported an unsecured fan guard fell off and a fan blade lacerated a person’s arm. The officer reported the person was transported to the hospital by ambulance. Patrol Officer Joe Opper responded.

March 4

Off-Campus Incident

LOCATION: All Other

SUMMARY: A caller reported receiving alarming text and voicemail messages from a known person. The officer reported a local police agency was contacted for a check on the welfare of a person. Patrol Officer Mayra Colon responded.

SCC College Regulations

LOCATION: Gannett Center

SUMMARY: A caller reported a person was refusing to wear a mask while indoors. The officer reported the person was located and referred for violation of the Community Agreement. Master Patrol Officer Waylon DeGraw responded.

Medical Assist/Illness Related

LOCATION: East Tower

SUMMARY: Tompkins County 911 reported a person was having an allergic reaction. The officer reported the person had self-administered one EpiPen injection, and the person was transported to the hospital by ambulance. Patrol Officer Joe Opper responded.

March 5

Check on the Welfare

LOCATION: All Other

SUMMARY: A caller requested a welfare check for a person that did not show up for an appointment and had not been heard from in 24 hours. The officer reported the Ithaca Police Department was notified and made contact with the person and determined the person to be a danger to their self and others. Master Patrol Officer Bob Jones responded.

SCC Drug Violations

LOCATION: Garden Apartments

SUMMARY: A caller reported an odor of marijuana. The officer reported two people referred for acts of dishonesty, violation of the Community Agreement and college drug policy. One person referred for acts of dishonestly, violation of the Community Agreement and responsibility of guests. Patrol Officer Joe Opper responded.

Medical Assist/Illness Related

LOCATION: Garden Apartments

SUMMARY: A caller reported an abnormal medical issue. The officer reported the caller would seek medical attention from the Hammond Health Center when able. Master Patrol Officer Waylon DeGraw responded.

March 6

Fire Alarm Accidental

LOCATION: Circle Apartments

SUMMARY: Simplex reported a fire alarm. The officer reported the alarm activation was caused by burnt food. Master Patrol Officer Bryan Verzosa responded.

Fire Alarm Accidental

LOCATION: Circle Apartments

SUMMARY: Simplex reported a fire alarm. The officer reported the alarm activation was caused by steam from a hot shower. Patrol Officer Shawn Lansing responded.

March 7

Assist Tompkins County Sheriff’s Office

LOCATION: State Route 96B

SUMMARY: An officer reported finding an elderly person walking on the roadway. The officer determined that the person was a resident of Longview and returned the person to their residence. Sergeant Chris Teribury responded.

Fire Actual Fire/Flame/Ignition

LOCATION: Circle Apartments

SUMMARY: Simplex reported a fire alarm. The officer reported a fire was present on the stove but was extinguished by residents using a fire extinguisher prior to the officer’s arrival. Patrol Officer John Norman responded.

Medical Assist/Injury Related

LOCATION: Athletic and Events Center

SUMMARY: A caller reported being injured during physical exercise. The officer reported the person declined medical attention. Patrol Officer Joe Opper responded.

SCC Comply W/ID and Directions

LOCATION: Gannett Center

SUMMARY: A caller reported an unknown person was refusing to wear a mask. The officer reported they were unable to locate the person. Patrol Officer John Norman responded.

Suspicious Vehicle

LOCATION: S-Lot

SUMMARY: An officer reported a vehicle parking in a parking lot while running. The driver left the area before making contact with the officer. Patrol Officer John Norman responded.

$1495
$2000