$1275
$2000

SGA Elections 2014-2015

IC Success

[acf field=”code1″]

Platform

• Reroute the TCAT so it also goes through the Circle Apartments and reduce the price or make it free for students.
  • Extend dining hall and Fitness Center hours over the weekends.
  • Create a student appreciation week that will provide free services not usually given to students.
  • Establish a committee of students, staff and faculty to form a Reporting, Investigative and Accountability Structure for Diversity Issues, which would address microaggressions, racism, hate speech and other derogatory behavior on campus.
  • Increase student voice, unification and SGA visibility through more open conversations with administrators and events to increase school spirit and connect the SGA to students.
  • Allocate more money to the student activities account.

IC All That

[acf field=”code2″]

Platform

• Clarify what the ICC is and give a better presentation of it to students.
  • Give better explanation of Family Educational Rights and Policy Act to students.
  • Strengthen dean-student relations to encourage transparency among all groups.
  • Make allocation and funding process more personable and accessible.
  • Increase outreach to student organizations.
  • Bring a “big act” to campus, as in a performance or an event, which would take place in the Athletics and Events Center.
  • Ensure senators speak to students and gather endorsement signatures before bringing a bill to the floor.
  • Offer diversity training and include more people on discussions of diversity and microaggressions.
  • Improve the SGA’s current feedback outlets through Twitter handles.

IC Connect

[acf field=”code3″]

Platform

• Increase school spirit by encouraging attendance at sporting events with the SGA face painting table.
  • Implement IC Proud, an annual advocacy event where students on campus come together to raise funds for a local cause of the student body’s choice.
  • Increase outreach events to constituents including “Cookies and Concerns” and “Pizza and Politics.”
  • Host Breakfast Club, monthly meetings for SGA representatives to speak with constituents. 
  • Create Text SGA, a new form of communication between the SGA and students.
  • Prepare and present to administration a semesterly Campus Climate report that will gauge student perception of the college and its decisions.
  • Repair relationship between the SGA and college administration. 
$1275
$2000