$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Baseball: Bombers complete weekend sweep of St. John Fisher College

The baseball team completed its three game weekend series versus St. John Fisher College by winning both games of yesterday’s doubleheader on Freeman Field.

The Bombers handled the Cardinals in the first game 8–3, then came from behind in the second game to earn a 10–9 victory. The South Hill squad is now 15—4—1 on the season and leads the Cardinals by two and a half games in the Empire 8 Conference standings.

Freshman Jimmy Wagner started the first game for the Bombers and gave up three runs on five hits. Junior Ian Gaule threw in the final 2 and 2/3 innings and pitched perfect baseball.

Senior second baseman Matt Keller led the Blue and Gold’s offense with four hits, three RBIs and two runs scored. Sophomore shortstop Tim Locastro added three runs of his own.

St. John Fisher held a 9–2 lead going into the eighth inning of the second game. The Bombers erupted for five runs in the bottom frame of the inning to cut the lead to two. Then, in the bottom of the ninth, the Blue and Gold rallied to score three more runs. Senior center fielder Mike Rosenbaum had the game-winning hit — a two-out single with the bases loaded — in the bottom of the ninth. Rosenbaum finished the game with a team-leading three RBI.

The Bombers will take the field against SUNY-Cortland on Wednesday in their next game.

$1375
$2000