$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Crew races at National Invitational Rowing Championships

The Ithaca College men’s and women’s crew teams competed at the National Invitational Rowing Championships on May 8 in Worcester, Massachusetts, where the women’s team placed fifth while the men’s team placed 12th.

After finishing second in their heat, the women’s varsity 8 boat went on to place fourth in the grand final, behind Williams College, Bates College and Wesleyan Polytechnic Institute. The second varsity 8 boat placed sixth in the grand final while the third varsity 8 boat also placed sixth in the grand final.

The lightweight 4 dominated the grand final, winning by nearly ten seconds with a time of 8:04.45. They defeated Williams College and Bates College in the process.

In the novice 8, both the A and B boats qualified for the grand final. The A boat finished second while the B boat finished sixth, with times of 7:29.72 and 8:13.03 respectively.

On the men’s side, the varsity 8 boat finished fourth in their heat. They followed that up with a fifth in the petite final with a time of 6:45.91. The second varsity 8 also qualified for the petite final, where they would place fifth with a time of 7:04.62.

The women’s team will wait and see if they will receive an at-large bid to the 2016 NCAA Championship at 7 p.m. May 9. Both teams will return to the water May 13 at the Dad Vail Regatta in Philadelphia.

$1375
$2000