$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Diver sets two pool records in women’s swimming and diving win

Alexis Liberatore/The Ithacan
Sophomore Anna Belson dives off the 1-meter board during the swimming and diving meet Nov. 7 at Athletics and Events Center. Belson set two pool records in the 1-meter and 3-meter diving events at Bristol Pool.

The women’s swimming and diving team traveled to William Smith College on Nov. 10, defeating the Herons 148–95 at Bristol Pool.

The highlight of the day for the women was sophomore Anna Belson on the diving board.  Belson set two pool records in the 1-meter and 3-meter diving events with scores of 276.55 and 269.50, respectively. Belson has been making strides early in the season, winning three of her last four diving events.

The Bombers captured first-place finishes in seven of the 13 events in the individual matchup against William Smith, bringing them to 30 first-place finishes on the season.

Sophomore distance swimmer Nilza Costa took first place by almost 30 seconds in the 1,000-yard freestyle event, finishing with a time of 11:13.73.

Freshman Jaclyn Pecze contributed as well, finishing in first place with a time of 26.26 in the 50-yard freestyle event. Junior Cat Tompkins continued to fly through the water in the 500-yard freestyle, in which she took home first with a time of 5:28.53.

Junior Lake Duffy continued her strong season with a win in the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 55.54. Duffy already has eight first-place finishes in only five meets.

Seniors Lauren Cox and Megan Zart teamed up with Duffy and Pecze to round out the Bombers’ victory with a win in the 200-yard freestyle relay with a time of 1:44.03.

The South Hill squad moves to 4–1 on the season with the win against the Herons, with the only loss coming against Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute on Oct. 31. The Bombers will look to keep their undefeated record at home alive when they host SUNY Geneseo and Hartwick College on Nov. 21 at the Athletic and Events Center Aquatics Pavilion.

$1260
$2000