$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Field Hockey: Blue and Gold erupt for second straight win

The field hockey team (4–9) appears to have found its offensive rhythm, as it scored early and often in its 4-0 victory against host Morrisville State College (1–13) yesterday.

Sophomore midfielder Katie Kennedy set the tone early for the Bombers, scoring 22 seconds into the game on an assist from sophomore forward Lindsay Flanagan. Senior defender JulieAnne Butare doubled the Blue and Gold’s lead when she scored her first career goal off another assist from Flanagan in the eighth minute.

Sophomore defender Emily Lash gave the Bombers a commanding 3-0 lead when she deflected a pass from junior forward Julia Conroy inside the left post. Lash also recorded a defensive save in helping junior goalkeeper Kelly Singleton record her first shutout of the season.

After a dry stretch in the middle of the season, the goals are starting to come for the South Hill squad. The Bombers have followed two straight shutout losses with two consecutive wins by a combined score of 6-1. The team recorded a season-high 29 shots in yesterday’s victory.

The Bombers will look to continue their winning streak in a 6 p.m. showdown Saturday at Utica College.

$1375
$2000