$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Golf team kicks off spring season in Myrtle Beach

The Ithaca College golf team competed in its first competition since Oct. 11, taking on SUNY Cortland in the Battle at the Beach on March 16, followed by Denison University and Cortland at the Myrtle Beach tournament on March 17. Both matches were held in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and kicked off the spring competition season for the Bombers.

In the Battle at the Beach, players were paired up individually with Red Dragons players. Junior Kimberley Wong was the only member of the South Hill squad to beat her competitor, coming out on top in a convincing victory.

Wong, who was playing in her first match since the Fall 2014 season, defeated Cortland sophomore Taylor O’Halloran by a score of six and five on the par-71. Wong was the lone victor for the Bombers, and Cortland went on to win 4–1.

The next day at the Myrtle Beach tournament, the Bombers finished in third behind Dension and Cortland with a score of 367. They finished just one point behind Cortland, and 17 behind Dension.

Sophomore Kyra Denish was the top individual finisher for the Bombers, coming in at second place with a score of 84. She was only two strokes ahead of Denison University junior Tina Berardi, who finished in first with a score of 82.

Wong came in fifth with a score of 88, followed by fourth-year Mary Rooker in 11th with a score of 97 and sophomore Lauren Saylor who tied for 12th with a score of 98. Senior Colleen Vaughn rounded out the individual competitors for the Bombers, coming in at 18th with a score of 145.

The Blue and Gold will return to competition at noon April 9 at the Vassar Invitational in Poughkeepsie, New York.

$1375
$2000