$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

IC volleyball picks up two wins against Utica and Houghton

Sophomore+Katie+Evans+goes+up+for+a+spike+against+Houghton+College+on+Oct.+22+in+Ben+Light+Gymnasium.+
CONNOR LANGE/THE ITHACAN
Sophomore Katie Evans goes up for a spike against Houghton College on Oct. 22 in Ben Light Gymnasium.

The Ithaca College volleyball team won both games of a doubleheader against Utica College and Houghton College on Oct. 22 in Ben Light Gymnasium. The Bombers are now 22–4 overall and 7–1 in the Empire 8 Conference.

The Bombers defeated the Utica Pioneers in three sets. In the first set, the Bombers won 25–14. In the second and third sets, the Bombers marched to victory, winning both sets 25–8.

Junior outside hitter Joelle Goldstein had 12 kills and seven digs in the match. Freshman setter Caitlyn Floyd led the team with 19 assists. Junior setter Kayla Gromen contributed 16 assists, as well as three digs.

In the Bombers’ second matchup, the Houghton Highlanders came out as a stronger contender. The first set ended a 25–19 victory for the Bombers. The second set was the toughest competition the Bombers saw all day, but they still came out on top, winning 25–22. The Blue and Gold sealed a final win with a 25–14 victory in the third set.

Goldstein led the team with 13 kills and accumulated 12 digs. Floyd contributed 22 assists. Sophomore defensive specialist Tara Stilwell had 15 digs.

The Blue and Gold will take to the court again for the Skidmore Invitational at 5 p.m. Oct. 28–29 in Saratoga Springs, New York. They will be up against SUNY New Paltz, SUNY Potsdam and SUNY Geneseo.

$1260
$2000