$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

IC wrestling team competes in Journeyman Collegiate Classic

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY FERNANDO FERRAZ

The Ithaca College wrestling team competed in the Journeyman Collegiate Classic on Nov. 13 in Troy, New York.

In the 141 pound match, senior Nick Wahba took the win over the Tyler Sage from Arizona State University by a score of 8–0. Whaba then went on to pin University of Wisconsin’s Luke Rowh and place first in his pool.

In the 157-pound match, sophomore Jawan Jones took the Bombers first loss of the season when he fell to Adrian Berry from SUNY Cortland  6–4. In the next 157-pound match, freshman Al Ciccitto lost to Dayton Garrett from West Virginia University 3–2.

In the 184-pound match, sophomore Jake Ashcraft pinned his opponent Martin Duane from Citadel College.

In the 125-pound match, senior Jimmy Kashian defeated Michael Cullen from the University of Wisconsin 10–3 and sophomore Ferdinand Mase defeated Derek Gulotta from Lock Haven University by a score of 7-0. Kaishian would go on to place first in the C pool and Mase placed second in the D pool.

In the 197-pound match, senior Carlos Toribio loss to Malik McDonald from North Carolina State University 12–3. In the 285-pound match, sophomore Jake O’Brien took down Brandon Ngati from West Virginia University 4–1.

In the 174-pound weight class, junior Jaison White beat Long Island University’s Dan Arkow 8–5. In the 165 pound class, junior Nick Velez defeated Bryant Halsch  from the University of North Carolina 17–4. Sophomore Jawan Jones suffered another loss when he fell to LIU’s Jackson Mordente 4–0.  

The Bombers will wrestle in the New York State collegiate championships at 9 a.m. Nov. 20 at Cornell University.

$1260
$2000