$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Ithaca College men’s soccer team falls to Hobart College

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY AVERI PARECE

The Ithaca College men’s soccer team lost to Hobart College 2–1 Oct. 4 in Geneva, New York. This loss for the Bombers is their third in their last four games, as they fall to 4–6 on the season.

The Statesmen go to 4–4–3 on the season with the win. The Bombers outshot the Statesmen 10-7 in this matchup.

The Statesmen started the scoring in the seventh minute, when senior forward JP White got one past Bombers senior goalie Zach Jacobsen off a cross from Hobart freshman midfielder Cooper O’Connell.

In the 37th minute, Hobart doubled its lead when junior forward Patrick Schulz put one in the back of the net, off a cross from freshman midfielder Binjo Emmanuel. The Bombers scored in the 59th minute when senior midfielder Sam Boylan made it the score 2–1. This was Boylan’s second goal on the season.

Head coach Patrick Ouckama said the Bombers will be working hard in practice next week to improve on transitions.

“Well, if you back up both plays a bit further, both goals came off of quick transition play,” Ouckama said. “That’s where Hobart found success in the first half. Transitioning quickly is a physical and mental skill, and you can be sure we’ll be working on that leading up to Saturday’s match. I was happy, however, with how the guys responded. We didn’t give up too many chances after those two.”

Ouckama said that overall, he is happy with the way the team played today.

“I’m less concerned with wins and losses right now, and more concerned with how we compete,” he said. “Today, for the most part, we competed. If we play all of our matches like that, we’ll get results.”

The Bombers will travel to Elmira College at 3 p.m. Oct. 8 for an Empire 8 clash in Elmira, New York.

$1495
$2000