$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Ithaca College swimming and diving defeats Le Moyne College

CONNOR LANGE/THE ITHACAN
Freshman Emily Altchiler races in the women’s 200-meter butterfly. She placed first with a time of 2:16.65.

The Ithaca College swimming and diving teams raced Le Moyne College on Nov. 11 in the Athletics and Events Center. The men’s team won its first home meet of the season with a score of 176–115. The women’s team crushed their competition 238–62 to remain undefeated.

The men’s team has a record of 4–1 after beating Le Moyne in 12 of the 16 events. Sophomore Josh Briggs won the men’s 1-meter diving event by 71.85 points. He also won the 3-meter diving with a score of 207.25.

Senior Adam Zelehowsky finished first in the 200-yard freestyle, over three seconds faster than second-place Le Moyne swimmer, junior Andy Raiola.

Senior Gregory Markert and sophomore Bradley Keith tied for first in the 100-yard backstroke, with a time of 55.75 seconds. Freshman Andrew Mikhailichenko narrowly won the 100-yard breaststroke, coming in a mere 0.57 seconds ahead of Le Moyne swimmer freshman Michael Dierolf.

Sophomore Aaron Levin came in second in the 100-yard freestyle by 0.81 seconds and Zelehowsky was first. Markert took first place again in the 200-yard backstroke. Mikhailichenko also won the 200-yard breaststroke by nine seconds.

The 400-yard freestyle relay, consisting of Levin, Zelehowsky, freshman Dan Meyers and sophomore Kellen Scanlan, beat the Le Moyne A relay by almost three seconds. The 200-yard medley relay team of Keith, Mikhailichenko, Zelehowsky and Levin won their event as well.

The women’s team continued to dominate its season. The Bombers started the meet by winning the 200-yard medley relay by about six seconds.

Seniors Brenna Dowd and Cat Tompkins came in first and second in the 1000-yard freestyle, and senior Miranda Wingfield and sophomore Genny Tripler came in first and second in the 200-yard freestyle. Senior Grace Ayer, freshmen Justine Wantz, Alexandra Estanislau and sophomore Rachel Smertz took the first four spots of the 100-yard backstroke.

Freshman Emily Altchiler took first place in the 200-yard butterfly, with a time of 2:16.65. The Bombers took first through fourth again in the 50-yard freestyle, with senior Lake Duffy taking first.

Senior Nickie Griesemer won the 3-meter diving event with a score of 291.80 and the 1-meter diving with a score of 286.30. Dowd won the 500-yard freestyle, coming in first only 0.16 seconds ahead of junior Nilza Costa. Junior Kelsey Jepsen finished the 100-yard butterfly in first in 1:02.03 seconds.

The 400-yard freestyle relay won by over five seconds. Tripler, Duffy, sophomore Jackie Pecze and senior Erin Hackett all contributed to the relay.

The men’s and women’s teams will compete again against SUNY Geneseo and Hartwick College at 1 p.m. Nov. 20 in the Athletics and Events Center.

$1375
$2000