$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Men’s basketball hands Skidmore College first loss of season

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY EVE MAHANEY

The Ithaca College men’s basketball team handed Skidmore College’s Thoroughbreds their first loss of the season with a 89–85 victory in the Ben Light Gymnasium. The victory moves the Bombers to 3–1 this season.

The Blue and Gold scored 39 points in the first half, leading the Thoroughbreds by five. In the second half, both teams offenses stepped up their game. Although Skidmore outscored the Bombers 51 points to 50 in the second half, the Bombers walked off the court with the win.

The Bombers scored on 52.3 percent of their attempted field goals and scored 52.4 percent of their attempted threepoint shots.

Junior guards Marc Chasin and Carroll Rich led the team with with five assists each.

Freshman forward Gabriel Perez-Ronchetta led the Bombers with 22 points, while Chasin scored an additional 21 points. Sophomore forward Peter Ezema contributed 20 points as well to the Bombers’ win.

Skidmore’s senior guard Aldin Medunjanin led the team with 27 points, while sophomore guard Jack Byrne contributed 15 points. Medunjanin also led the team with seven assists.

The Blue and Gold return to action at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 29, when they travel to Cortland to face SUNY Cortland.

$1375
$2000