$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s Crew: First varsity boat picks up win against Hobart College

The men’s crew had its first regatta of the spring yesterday when it faced rival Hobart College at Cayuga Inlet. The Blue and Gold went into the regatta following scrimmages against Marietta College and Navy during its spring training trip to Georgia. The Bombers also scrimmaged Cornell University after their race with Hobart.

The South Hill squad was able to defeat the Statesmen in the first varsity race with a time of 6:15.3 in front of Hobart’s time of 6:18.3. Senior captain Zach Doell had the first varsity boat’s result was an encouraging way to begin the season.

“We had a seat or two of open water on them at the finish which is very good,” he said. “We expect to see some really big things from this boat this year.”

The second varsity boat was defeated by Hobart by just over two seconds. Senior captain Per Tvetenstrand said the Bombers’ second line of rowers will be ready should the two teams meet again.

“It was a really good race for us, I think we will definitely be able to beat them at states,” he said.

The Blue and Gold will be back on the waters of Lake Cayuga at 11 a.m. Saturday when they square off against the University of Rochester and Rochester Institute of Technology.

$1495
$2000