$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Men’s Indoor Track: Bombers capture fifth Empire 8 Conference title

The men’s indoor track team won its fifth consecutive Empire 8 Conference title yesterday in Glazer Arena.

The Bombers did not lose focus from the time the first gun sounded off at 10 a.m. yesterday. The distance medley relay team began the competition in what was arguably the closest race of the entire meet.

Junior Julian Orenstein opened a sizable margin in front of the next closet runner, Stevens Institute of Technology’s Matt Bombard, and the Blue and Gold finished the event less than two strides ahead with a time of 11:03.26.

Senior Doug Koury won the 400-meter dash in a time of 50.62 seconds.

Sophomore John Luis Damaskos said the team’s top performers showed dedication in their pursuit of victory.

“We give a lot of credit to our coaches and senior leaders,” he said. “They have helped us come together. Everybody on the team does their job by doing whatever it
takes, and that’s why we have been successful so far.”

The South Hill squad will compete in the New Balance Collegiate Invitational this weekend in New York City.

$1375
$2000