$1275
$2000

Men’s Soccer: Blue and Gold end with scoreless draw against RPI

The men’s soccer team played to a 0-0 draw Wednesday against Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, N.Y., after 90 minutes of regulation and 20 minutes of overtime. The tie marked the first shutout of the season for the Bombers.

The Blue and Gold had a great scoring opportunity in the 25th minute when sophomore Tim Goldman took a free kick from 20 yards out.  The ball found its way through the RPI wall toward the right side of the net. However, RPI sophomore goalie Rob Dewald was able to track the shot and punch the ball away.

The Engineers had their best opportunity to score in the 74th minute when senior back Michael Birk had the ball near the goal line on the right side of the field. His shot hit the post and rolled across the front of the net to the opposite side. The Bombers were still able to clear the ball away.

Sophomore goalkeeper Jordan Gentile made his third consecutive start for the South Hill squad. Gentile earned his first shutout of the year and third of his career. He made two saves in the match.

The Bombers will host their first home game of the season at 1 p.m. Saturday as they take on the Muhlenberg College Mules on Carp Wood Field.

$1275
$2000