$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Softball: Softball comes up short of sweeping SUNY-Cortland

The #23 Ithaca softball team split their games at SUNY-Cortland this afternoon, winning the first 7–4 and dropping the second 6–5.

Freshman third baseman Julianne Vincent was perfect at the plate in Game 1, going 4-for-4 with two runs scored.

Freshman designated player Jackie Branco went deep in the seventh inning to extend the one-run lead, marking the second straight game she hit a home run.

Senior pitcher and third baseman Allison Greaney improved to 4–1 on the season by forcing ground ball and fly ball outs in a complete game effort. She did not have a single strikeout or walk in the game, giving up eight hits.

There were six lead changes in the second game, where the South Hill squad had a 5–4 lead going into the seventh inning off a two-run single from senior pitcher Britt Lillie.

Lillie also took the loss after surrendering a walk and a pass ball followed by an RBI double by Red Dragons outfielder Brooke Weidman that turned out to be the game-winner.

Branco flied out to center with the bases loaded to end the game.

The Blue and Gold will return to action in a doubleheader Saturday at Empire 8 opponent Alfred University.

$1375
$2000