$1275
$2000

Softball team names newest head coach

AMINATTA IMRANA JALLOW
After serving as the Ithaca College softball team’s interim head coach for the 2023 season, Kelly Robichaud ’16 as been promoted to the full time position.

Ithaca College announced May 25 that Kelly Robichaud ’16 has been named head coach of the college’s softball team. Robichaud served as the team’s interim head coach during the 2022–23 academic year and led the Bombers to a runner-up finish at the Liberty League tournament on May 13. 

Robichaud stepped into the interim role following the resignation of Hannah Quintana ’07, who served the Bombers for three seasons preceding her departure from the program in July 2022. 

Robichaud said after working with the team this season, she is thrilled to continue her role as head coach.

“It’s an honor to be appointed the next head coach,” Robichaud said in the statement. “I’ve been grateful to have been able to lead and support these young women and am excited to see what we can continue accomplishing together.” 

During her time as a student at the college, Robichaud was a standout athlete on the softball team from 2013–16, earning Empire 8 Player of the Year honors, First-Team All-Empire 8 and All-Region recognition in 2016. She later returned to South Hill as Quintana’s assistant coach for the 2021 season. 

Following her promotion to interim head coach, Robichaud led the team to an impressive 27–12–1 overall record during the 2023 season. Susan Bassett ’79, associate vice president and director of intercollegiate athletics, said Robichaud undoubtedly proved her leadership and coaching ability this spring.

“I have every confidence that Coach Robichaud will continue the tradition of success that IC Softball has enjoyed while putting her own stamp on the program,” Bassett said in the statement. “I am very excited to see what the future holds for the Bombers under her guidance.”

$1275
$2000