$1275
$2000

Softball teams extends winning streak to three

The Ithaca College softball team had a very successful day March 16, as it won both of its games against Wheaton College and Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts in Clermont, Florida.

In the early game against Wheaton College, the Bombers completed their third shutout of the season, winning 8–0. They got their first run of the game in the second inning, as sophomore outfielder Emily Bloom brought home freshman utility Alex Wright. The Bombers’ bats would come alive in the following inning, as they would bring in four runs. They then would finish things off in the sixth, tacking on three more runs.

Freshman pitcher Haley Congdon pitched for five innings and had three strikeouts. Senior pitcher Laura Quicker would complete the shutout and had one strikeout of her own. Sophomore infielder Allie Colleran led the team with two at bats, two hits and one run.

In the late game MLCA, it would take eight innings, but the South Hill squad came out on top, winning 12–6. Freshman outfielder Annie Cooney singled to left field bring home senior infielder Casey Gavin for the first score of the game.

The Bombers would then score in the third and add two more runs in the top of the sixth. However, in the bottom of the sixth, MCLA would come alive, bringing in six runs to get two ahead of the Blue and Gold. The Bombers would tie it up in the top of the seventh,  knocking in two runs.

In the final inning of play, the Bombers would drive in six more runs, which all started with an error in centerfield that allowed freshman infielder Nikkey Skuraton to score.

Three pitchers got in on the action for the Bombers. Quicker would get the nod for the start and she had a three ERA and three strikeouts across five innings. Senior pitcher Allison Macari would come in for one inning of relief work, where she posted an ERA of three and one strikeout. Congdon would come in to finish the game, pitching two innings with three strikeouts.

On the offensive side, Skuraton led the team with five at bats, three hits and two runs.

The Bombers will hope to be celebrating St. Patrick Day’s with two more wins against SUNY Geneseo and Anderson University at 9 and 11 a.m. on March 17, respectively.

$1275
$2000