$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Track and field competes at Last Chance Meet

The Ithaca College men’s and women’s track and field teams traveled to Rochester, New York for the St. John Fisher Cardinal Last Chance Meet. The women’s side was able to capture nine Eastern College Athletic Conference qualifying performances, while the men tallied four.

On the men’s side, senior Andrew Brandt won the high jump event with an ECAC qualifying height of 1.93 meters. Junior Andrew Ward also competed in the event, finishing sixth overall with a jump of 1.78 meters.

Sophomore David Dorsey finished second overall in the pole vault, launching himself 4.51 meters and qualifying for ECACs.

Junior Larry Cass finished second overall in the hammer throw with a length of 53.35 meters, clearing the ECAC standards by over five meters.

Ward finished fourth in the 110-meter hurdles, clocking in at 16.19 seconds after he ran a time of 15.52 seconds in the preliminaries.

Senior Larkin Bohanan finished fourth in the 800-meter with a time of 1:57.23. Classmate Sam Cherney also finished fourth in his respective event, throwing 42.18 meters in the discus.

Junior Gabe Shakour also competed in the javelin throw, reaching a distance of 45.45 meters, good enough for sixth overall. Senior Brandon Leary also finished in sixth for the 400-meter hurdles, crossing the plane at 59.40 seconds.

For the women, the 4×100 relay team of freshman Lusmer Quintana and seniors Sarah Werner, Lizzi Dowling and Eliza Dewart, captured first overall and qualified for ECACs with a time of 50.07 seconds.

Junior Brandy Smith continued her dominant season, finishing first in the shot put with a throw of 12.76 meters, clearing ECAC standards by a large margin. Junior Francesca Boylan also competed in the shot put, finishing fifth overall with a measurement of 12.07 meters, also qualifying her for ECACs.

Smith also finished second in the hammer throw with a toss of 47.63 meters. Boylan, junior Yvonne Palacios and sophomore Caitlin Noonan finished in the third, fourth, and fifth spots, respectively, in the hammer throw. Boylan threw for a distance of 45.71 meters, Palacios threw for 45.15 meters and Noonan threw for 44.92 meters. All four women met ECAC qualifying standards in the event.

Senior Alex Rechen held onto first place in the pole vault, leaping 3.60 meters and qualifying for ECACs.

Senior Emily Williams leapt to a distance of 5.47 meters in the long jump, locking her in at third overall, while sophomore Grace Ryan finished sixth overall in the triple jump with a distance of 10.97 meters, also qualifying her for ECACs.

Junior Natalie Meyer, freshman Catherine Larkin and sophomore Brianna Hayes all competed in the high jump and reached 1.47 meters. Meyer tied for second in the event, while Larkin finished fourth and Hayes locked in at fifth.

Senior Allie Nugent met ECAC standards during her preliminary 100-meter hurdles, finishing in 15.77 seconds, and went on to finish sixth in the finals with a time of 16.34 seconds.

The men’s and women’s teams will be back in action for the ECAC Championships on May 18th and 19th in Westfield, Massachusetts.

$1375
$2000