$1275
$2000

Track and Field teams compete at two meets over the weekend

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY ASH WILLIAMS

The Ithaca College men’s and women’s track and field teams finished another weekend of competition Jan. 27 and 28.  

The men’s team competed in the Utica College Pioneer Invitational Jan. 28. Members of the women’s team competed in Utica at the Utica College Pioneer Invitational, while the rest of the women’s team competed in the two-day John Thomas Terrier Invitational Jan. 27–28 at Boston University.  

On the first day of the Terrier Invitational, senior Katherine Pitman placed first among 26 entries in the pole vault, with a cleared height of 3.95 meters. Junior Denise Ibarra set a new personal best time of 17:42.52 in the 5,000-meter run.  

On day two, the Blue and Gold placed tenth in the women’s distance medley. Junior Grace Ryan placed 28th in the long jump out of 41 competitors. Senior Brandy Smith placed third in the shot put and sixth in the weight throw.  

The men’s team finished first in the 4×200 meter relay. Senior Andrew Ward finished seventh in the 60-meter hurdles finals. Junior Gerardo Munoz finished third in the 400-meter dash with a final time of 51.63 seconds. Sophomore Jake Dombek finished ninth in the 200-meter dash with 23.51 seconds.  

In the field events, freshman Alex Dempsey finished fourth in the pole vault, reaching 4.20 meters. Freshman Connor Florczyk came in first place in flight one of the triple jump, getting up to 12.48 meters. Florczyk went on to finish ninth in the finals.  

Freshman Harrison Buttrick placed third in the weight throw finishing with 12.15 meters.  Freshman Robert Greenwald finished fourth in the high jump with 1.88 meters.   
Both teams will return to action at 10 a.m. Feb. 4 for the Bomber Invitational at the Glazer Arena.

$1275
$2000