$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Track and Field has successful showing at two invitationals

Senior+Andrew+Brandt+competes+in+the+high+jump.+He+placed+second+with+a+jump+of+2.03-meters%2C+which+qualified+him+for+the+Eastern+College+Athletic+Championships.+
TOMMY BATTISTELLI/THE ITHACAN
Senior Andrew Brandt competes in the high jump. He placed second with a jump of 2.03-meters, which qualified him for the Eastern College Athletic Championships.

The Ithaca College men’s and women’s track and field teams traveled to the Moravian College Greyhound Invitational and to the Bucknell University Bison Outdoor Classic on April 15–16. The squad produced multiple Eastern College Athletic Conference qualifying performances throughout the weekend.

At the Moravian College Greyhound Invitational, senior captain Andrew Brandt hit a mark of 2.03 meters in the high jump, good enough for second overall and qualifying him for ECACs.

Senior Aaron Matthias finished ninth in the 200-meter dash, clocking in at 22.36 seconds. Freshman Jake Dombek also competed in the event, finishing in 23.25 seconds and 44th overall. Dombek also placed 37th overall in the 100-meter dash with a time of 11.49 seconds.

Junior Shane Connor ran exceptionally in the 10,000 meter, finishing in at 34:05.58 and second overall.

The 4×100-meter relay A team finished 10th overall with a time of 43.32 seconds and qualified for ECACs. The B team finished in 45.22 seconds, locking it in at 14th overall.

Sophomore David Dorsey finished 10th in the pole vault with a height of 4.25 meters and junior Tommy Battistelli finished 18th with a measurement of 3.80 meters.

Senior Alex Schneider, junior Andrew Ward and sophomore Noah Cohen all ran the 110-meter hurdles. Schneider finished at 19th with a time of 16.27 seconds, while Ward and Cohen finished at 23rd and 27th with times of 16.77 seconds and 17.44 seconds, respectively.

On the women’s side, junior Brandy Smith set a new stadium record with a meet best distance of 50.46 meters, also qualifying her for ECACs. She also qualified for ECACs in the hammer throw event and the shot put. She threw a distance of 13.12 meters and finished second in the shot put and threw a distance of 45.56 meters in the hammer throw and finished second overall.

Sophomore Caitlin Noonan finished right behind Smith with a distance of 45.42 meters in the hammer throw, qualifying her for ECACs. Junior Francesca Boylan also qualified for ECACs in the hammer throw, finishing 7th overall with a distance of 44.25 meters.

The A squad for the 4×100 meter relay qualified for ECACs with a time of 49.44 seconds, finishing seventh overall.

Junior Katherine Pitman and senior Alex Rechen both continued their strong performances in the pole vault this season, finishing 2nd and 3rd in the event. Both athletes had ECAC qualifying heights of 3.65 meters.

Sophomore Grace Ryan finished the triple jump third overall with a distance of 11.32 meters, also qualifying her for ECACs. Junior Colleen Smith finished with a measurement of 10.30 meters, good enough for 17th overall in the event.

The team will be back in action for the Empire 8 Championships at 10 a.m. April 23 in Houghton, New York.

$1375
$2000