$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s Basketball: Blue and Gold drop final non-conference game at Cornell

The women’s basketball team (12–3 overall, 4–0 Empire 8) closed out the non-conference portion of its schedule with a 60-40 loss at Division I Cornell University (6–9) tonight.

Cornell began the game with a 17-4 run that put the Blue and Gold in an early hole. The Big Red led 32-18 at the half and maintained a double-digit lead for the entirety of the second half.

The Bombers were limited to just 29 percent shooting for the game and failed to make a field goal in the final eight minutes of tonight’s contest.

Cornell sophomore guard Allyson DiMagno led all scorers with 16 points. Sophomore guard Kathryn Campbell led the South Hill squad with 15 points, while junior forward Devin Shea pulled down a team-high five rebounds.

The Bombers return to Empire 8 Conference action this weekend with a 6 p.m. matchup against Elmira College Friday at Ben Light Gymnasium. The Blue and Gold enter the game looking to maintain a perfect 4–0 mark in conference play this season.

$1495
$2000