$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Women’s swimming and diving: Bombers set five records at Don Richards Invitational

The women’s swimming & diving team remains undefeated this season after placing first out of six teams at the Don Richards Invitational hosted by Rochester Institute of Technology.

The Invitational was held from Dec. 3rd-5th and took place in Rochester, NY.  The Bombers finished with a total team score of 984 points, 125 points more than second place Nazareth College.

A total of five pool records were broken over the course of the weekend.

Senior Shelia Rhoades won the 100-yard freestyle race in 50.89 seconds and the 50-yard freestyle in 23.48 seconds, setting new pool records in both events. Rhoades qualified for the NCAA A standard in both freestyle events.

The 200-yard freestyle relay team of freshman Kate Sessler, freshman Elizabeth Gawrys, sophomore Carly Jones, and Rhoades finished with a time of 1:39.65 to break the previous pool record.  The same squad also broke the pool record for the 400-yard freestyle relay after winning in 3:37.70.

Sophomore Madi Sherry won the 100-yard breaststroke in 1:05.46, setting the final pool record of the invitational for the Bombers and meeting NCAA B qualifying standards.

The Bombers diving squad swept the top-three places in the 1-meter event.  Graduate student Naomi Mark placed first with a score of 380.75 points, followed by junior Jodi Costello with 354.70 and senior Katie Kaiser with 354.20.  Naomi also finished first in the 3-meter diving event followed by Costello.

Junior Kelly Murphy finished first in the 1,650-yard freestyle race clocking in at 18:37.13.

The Bombers will not compete until Jan. 15, 2011 at the State University of Fredonia.

$1375
$2000