$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Women’s tennis remains undefeated with 9–0 win over Alfred

In the midst of an impressive undefeated season, the women’s tennis team continued its dominance by defeating Alfred University 9–0 on Oct. 3 to improve to 7–0 on the season. The Bombers now have six shutouts in seven victories this fall.

The Blue and Gold began the day by stifling the Alfred Saxons in doubles play, only dropping a total of seven games.

At first doubles, junior Haley Kusak and freshman McKinleigh Lair defeated their opponent 8–0 to improve to 3–0 as a duo since debuting together against Stevens Institute of Technology on Sept. 19.

Freshmen Caroline Dunn and Shayna Ginster earned an 8–3 victory at second doubles, while senior Marni Blumenthal and junior Sydney Greenspan won 8–6 at third doubles.

The South Hill squad continued its impressive play in singles, finishing the day with four sweeps.

Kusak and Lair cruised to 6–0, 6–0 victories at first and second singles, respectively, and are both undefeated at singles matches on the season.

The team’s freshmen have been impressive all season long, and that trend only continued against Alfred. Along with Lair’s victory, Ginster and Kathryn Shaffer earned 6–0, 6–0 victories at third and fifth singles, respectively.

The Bombers upperclassmen also put on impressive performances at singles.

Junior Jodi Grosberg earned an easy 6–0, 6–1 victory at fourth singles to improve her singles record to 6–0 in singles play at either fourth, fifth, or sixth singles.

The only hiccup from the Blue and Gold that day came during junior Maddie Overholt’s singles match as she lost four games during the first set, but eventually settled in to earn a 6–4, 6–1 victory.

The Bombers will look to continue their undefeated season against Hartwick College and Cortland University at noon and 4 p.m. Oct. 4 at the Wheeler Tennis Courts before heading to the Empire 8 Championship on Oct. 17 and Oct. 18 at Nazareth College in Rochester, New York.

$1375
$2000