•  

April 8, 2020   |   Ithaca, NY

Brothers serve up Latin-inspired food

By | Dec 11, 2019

Since the restaurant’s doors opened in 2017, Bickering Twins has gained a local reputation for its creative cocktails and funky taco fillings.

Commentary: Journalism education must include empathy

By | Dec 11, 2019

Despite the industry’s general focus on objectivity, our individual perspectives play an essential role in the way we tell stories.

National Recap: Conneticut works to financially divest from guns

By | Dec 3, 2019

On Dec. 3, Connecticut Treasurer Shawn Wooden announced plans to reallocate $30 million worth of shares in civilian firearm manufacturer securities.

Q&A: Student develops program on visual storytelling

By | Nov 20, 2019

Earlier this year, Ithaca College junior Eden Strachan created “Filmmakers for the Future,” a program that teaches visual storytelling to young people.

National Recap: US grants $29 million for coastal protection

By | Nov 20, 2019

The National Coastal Resilience Fund publicly dedicated a total of $29 million in grants to environmental causes across the country Nov. 18.

Nat Recap: Supreme Court hears momentous DACA case

By | Nov 13, 2019

On Tuesday, Nov. 12, the Supreme Court began hearing oral arguments in a case that aims to preserve Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) in the wake of President Donald Trump’s attempts to end the program.

Q&A: Ithaca resident reports on trial for local media outlets

By | Nov 13, 2019

Garry Thomas, an Ithaca resident and professor emeritus of anthropology at Ithaca College, spent the month of October in Brunswick, Georgia, reporting on the trial of the King Bay Plowshares 7 .

Q&A: College librarian receives award from regional library council

By | Nov 6, 2019

Sarah Shank, interlibrary loan borrowing coordinator at Ithaca College, recently received a “Library Worker of the Year” award.

Q&A: Professor sells two books to prominent Canadian publisher

By | Oct 30, 2019

Jack Wang, associate professor and chair of the Ithaca College Department of Writing, has recently sold two books to The House of Anansi Press, a literary independent press in Canada.

National Recap: Chicago Public Schools teachers continue strike

By | Oct 23, 2019

Teachers in Chicago Public Schools continue their citywide strike that has canceled classes for more than a quarter of a million students. 

Q&A: Cuban American professor presents on 2017 Cuba trip

By | Oct 23, 2019

In the summer of 2017, Raul Palma, assistant professor in the Department of Writing, was one of 10 Cuban American writers invited to Havana.

Q&A: Professor explores invasive species through art exhibit

By | Oct 9, 2019

It’s maybe one of the more experimental shows that I’ve tried.