•  

September 23, 2017   |   Ithaca, NY

Creative Space Gallery relocates to benefit IC students

By | Mar 29, 2017

The new location for the college’s Creative Space Gallery will be the home for many future student-made, student-run art exhibits.

Review: ‘Beauty and the Beast’ enchants the next generation

By | Mar 22, 2017

“Beauty and the Best” provides an exciting, nostalgic and joyous experience for all moviegoers.

Women Leaders Series explores complexities of modern feminism

By | Mar 8, 2017

The Women Leaders Series expanded to allow all women to explore their potential as leaders, on a personal and professional level.

‘Vagina Monologues’ fights stigma linked to female anatomy

By | Feb 22, 2017

All proceeds from the play benefited “V-day,” a global activist movement dedicated to increase awareness of violence against women.

Review: Washington directs a home run with his latest film

By | Feb 21, 2017

The viewer watches “Fences” with mingled horror and pity as Troy (Denzel Washington) destroys his relationship with his son and, eventually, wife.

‘Gen Silent’ sparks LGBTQ discussion at the Handwerker Gallery

By | Feb 8, 2017

Discrimination against elderly members of the LGBTQ community may include shunning them, neglecting their care or attempting to convert them.

IC student establishes charity event for Amatrice earthquake

Veltri pitched the idea for the fundraiser event, Love and Aid for Amatrice, which the Ithaca College Italian Club hosted Nov. 11 in Emerson Suites.

CAP Artspace features ‘Essence’ art exhibition until Nov. 28

By | Nov 16, 2016

Ileen Kaplan and Michael Maxwell make art that captures the essence of their subjects in an art exhibition titled “Essence.”

IC professor receives grant from US Embassy in Pakistan

By | Oct 26, 2016

Kathleen Mulligan plans to create a play with a Pakistani theater group aided by a large grant from the U.S. Embassy of Islamabad.

Nonfiction writer Kiese Laymon to talk racial identity at IC

By | Oct 5, 2016

The next writer in the Distinguished Visiting Writers Series, Kiese Laymon, is a new author that explores American racism and culture in his work.

Activist Gloria Joseph to visit IC and discuss poet Audre Lorde

By | Sep 21, 2016

Ithaca College’s Women and Gender Studies Program will host Gloria Joseph, professor emerita of Africana Studies at Hampshire College and partner of the late Audre Lorde, to discuss the poet’s life.

Stewart Park carousel’s horses receive needed makeover

By | Feb 25, 2015

Local artists Christi Sobel and Julia John have begun restoring Stewart Park’s beloved carousel.