April 22, 2021
Ithaca, NY | 26°F

Ithacon brings its fandom traditions to the virtual universe

By | Apr 21, 2021

From 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. April 24, Ithacon will hold its first online convention in its 45-year history. The convention will be on Zoom and will host 39 events.

Marijuana legalization will not affect campus policy

By | Apr 15, 2021

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed a bill legalizing recreational marijuana in New York state March 31, but not much will change for Ithaca College students.

Local bookstore celebrates a decade of community ownership

By | Apr 7, 2021

Ithaca resident Mahinder Kingra browses for books in the science fantasy section at Buffalo Street Books on April 3.

Review: New comedy features more cliches than genuine humor

By | Apr 5, 2021

Despite Andre’s classic insanity appearing in moments throughout the film, “Bad Trip” isn’t as special as it could, and perhaps should, have been.

ICTV members return to the studio

By | Mar 24, 2021

Last March, the studios of one of Ithaca College’s longest running programs, ICTV, were silent and empty. However, after nearly a year of remote production, the cast and crew have finally returned.

Column: Out-of-touch politicians desperately try to connect with voters

By | Mar 23, 2021

If dystopia is career politicians talking directly into the ears of their constituents for hours on end, then we’re living it.

Review: Billionaire advocates for the environment

By | Mar 22, 2021

Gates’ book is rooted in science and is a great way to conceptualize climate change. However, at the end of the day, the greed of the business world got everyone into this mess.

Review: Film with potential botches humorous concept

By | Mar 22, 2021

If viewers have wondered what type of film would result from a decade of studio interference, a watered-down screenplay and an unfilmable concept, “Chaos Walking” is their answer.

Art professors adapt to a different medium

By | Mar 10, 2021

With the transition to hybrid classes, art professors have to balance teaching students on Zoom and in person while abiding by COVID-19 safety guidelines.

Review: Jazz singer biopic is a swing and a miss

By | Mar 9, 2021

“The United States vs. Billie Holiday,” Hollywood’s latest conveyor-belt music biopic is an insulting depiction of one of the finest singers of the swing era.

Review: Film lacks authenticity with big name Hollywood star

By | Mar 5, 2021

Chloé Zhao’s “Nomadland” is a slow slog through the desert with actor Frances McDormand. The use of a Hollywood name like McDormand makes the film feel less authentic than Zhao’s other works.

Review: Author writes about actor’s plights of identity

By | Mar 1, 2021

“A Bright Ray of Darkness” is a backstage dark-comedy about an actor’s fall from grace, written by Hollywood big name Ethan Hawke.