July 29, 2021
Ithaca, NY | 69°F

Column: Netflix comments on social media

By | May 4, 2021

Netflix has begun to make documentaries about the influence of social media as it becomes an increasingly present part of daily life.

Review: George W. Bush paints kitschy paintings of immigrants

By | May 4, 2021

Former President George W. Bush’s new book of paintings, “Out of Many, One,” contains awful art made by an even more awful person.

Model European Union holds virtual conference for students

By | Apr 29, 2021

This year, the chatter, debates and discourse that the Model European Union (EU) offers students shifted to a virtual setting.

Local lounge brings back live music

By | Apr 28, 2021

From left, Devon Buckley, Johnny Driscoll, Eliana Maharani and Aria Dawn Tiphereth perform April 10 at Sacred Root Kava Lounge and Tea Bar. This was the bar’s second live show since the pandemic.

Ithacon brings its fandom traditions to the virtual universe

By | Apr 21, 2021

From 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. April 24, Ithacon will hold its first online convention in its 45-year history. The convention will be on Zoom and will host 39 events.

Marijuana legalization will not affect campus policy

By | Apr 15, 2021

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed a bill legalizing recreational marijuana in New York state March 31, but not much will change for Ithaca College students.

Local bookstore celebrates a decade of community ownership

By | Apr 7, 2021

Ithaca resident Mahinder Kingra browses for books in the science fantasy section at Buffalo Street Books on April 3.

Review: New comedy features more cliches than genuine humor

By | Apr 5, 2021

Despite Andre’s classic insanity appearing in moments throughout the film, “Bad Trip” isn’t as special as it could, and perhaps should, have been.

ICTV members return to the studio

By | Mar 24, 2021

Last March, the studios of one of Ithaca College’s longest running programs, ICTV, were silent and empty. However, after nearly a year of remote production, the cast and crew have finally returned.

Column: Out-of-touch politicians desperately try to connect with voters

By | Mar 23, 2021

If dystopia is career politicians talking directly into the ears of their constituents for hours on end, then we’re living it.

Review: Billionaire advocates for the environment

By | Mar 22, 2021

Gates’ book is rooted in science and is a great way to conceptualize climate change. However, at the end of the day, the greed of the business world got everyone into this mess.

Review: Film with potential botches humorous concept

By | Mar 22, 2021

If viewers have wondered what type of film would result from a decade of studio interference, a watered-down screenplay and an unfilmable concept, “Chaos Walking” is their answer.